Allegro USB C 4 Port PCIe Card
- SuperSpeed+ USB Technology—Adds four 10Gbps USB-C (USB 3.1 Gen 2) ports to your computer
- Supports USB-C bus-powered devices with up to 7.5W (3.0A) power per port
- Compatible with Mac®, Windows®, and Linux®
- Provides independent power regulation for each port
- Resettable device overcurrent fuses protect the card and computer
- Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB devices
- Supports hot-swappable device connection
- 2-year Warranty
- Compatible in Mac Pro 3,1 PCIe 1.1 slot; performance may be limited by slot’s bandwidth.
- macOS erroneously reports a 5Gbps connection when connected at 10Gbps.
- Linux supports only 5Gb transfer rate as of 4.12.13 Kernel.
- Not compatible with Thunderbolt 1 PCIe Expansion systems.
Add Four SuperSpeed+ 10Gbps USB-C Connections to Your Mac Pro Tower, Windows PC, Linux Computer, or Thunderbolt to PCIe Card Expansion System
Equipped with SSDs, the fastest USB drives you can buy today are capable of 800 MB/s data transfers—many are bus-powered, too. But, most desktop computers (even new models) include generations-old USB interfaces that will throttle that performance and may not offer adequate power to allow bus-powered drives to operate. Break through the bottleneck—install Sonnet’s Allegro USB-C 4-Port PCIe card to support your fast USB drives at maximum performance.
No Auxiliary Power Required
Ordinary USB-C cards need a separate power plug connection. Sonnet’s 4-port USB-C card gets the power required to operate connected drives from the slot it’s installed in. This enables you to install the Sonnet card in any compatible computer or Thunderbolt expansion chassis regardless of it having extra power connectors available.
Allegro USB-C 4-Port PCIe: Up to Twice as Fast as USB 3.0 Cards
The Allegro USB-C 4-Port PCIe supports data transfers at up to twice as fast as USB 3.0, and can also deliver 7.5W of power per port to USB-C bus-powered devices. Additionally, this PCIe computer card includes the following key features:
Mac Pro® 3,1(1), 4,1 or 5,1
macOS 10.10.5, 10.12.6+(2)
(not compatible with macOS 10.11)
macOS Mojave compatible
Supports USB 3 peripherals on a Mac or Windows PC when installed in a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion system(4)
- Variant: Default Title
- SKU: USB3C-4PM-E
- Product Type: PCIe Card