Sonnet Tempo SSD Pro Plus 6Gb/s SATA Dual 2.5" SSD PCIe 2.0 Card with eSATA Ports
Professional 6Gb/s SATA dual 2.5" SSD PCIe card with eSATA ports. Supports two 2.5" SATA SSDs or HDDs which are mounted directly to the card; drives sold separately. Recommended for maximum performance with 6 Gb/s SSDs and optimized for best performance over Thunderbolt.
Specifications and appearance are given as guidelines and may change without notice.
- Variant: Default Title
- SKU: TSATA6-SSDPS-E2
- Product Type: PCIe Card
- Adds Fast SSDs to Your System—Mounts two high-performance 6 Gb/s SSDs (sold separately) in your Mac Pro's, desktop PC's, or Thunderbolt expansion chassis' PCIe slot
- Adds eSATA Connectivity to Your System—Cost-effective solution for adding high-performance 6 Gb/s eSATA ports to your Mac Pro or desktop PC with PCIe slots, or Thunderbolt expansion chassis with PCI Express slots
- High-Performance PCIe Interface—PCI Express 2.0 x4 host bus interface for high-performance applications
- Superior Performance—Data transfers speeds up to 960 MB/sec(1)
- Optimized for Maximum Performance Over Thunderbolt—Perfect for use in Sonnet's Echo™ Express III-D, Echo Express III-R, xMac Pro Server, and xMac™ mini Server Thunderbolt expansion systems
- RAID Support—Supports OS X and Windows RAID features
- Boot Support—Supports booting from attached drives under OS X or Windows 7 and 8 (see Tech Specs for details).
- AHCI Compliant—No drivers required
- S.M.A.R.T. Support—Supports S.M.A.R.T. data reporting
- eSATA Locking Cables Support —Supports Sonnet-exclusive locking eSATA data cables (as used on Sonnet's Fusion QR and Fusion F3)
|TSATA6-SSDPS-E2||Tempo SSD Pro Plus 6Gb/s SATA Dual 2.5" SSD PCIe 2.0 Card with eSATA Ports(4)|
|Internal Connectors||Two SATA for 2.5" SSD or HD|
|Drives Supported (External)||Up to 10 (5 per port)|
|Data Transfer Rate||Up to 960 MB/s(1) (1700 MB/s with two cards)|
|Firmware||Flash-ROM upgradeable to latest firmware version|
Mac OS Single SSD or up to six SSDs in a
Single SSD only:
|Package Contents (Tempo SSD Pro)||
- Mac Pro® (with PCIe slots)
- OS X® 10.6.8+
- macOS Sierra compatible
- PC (with PCIe slots)(6)
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®
- Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008
- Mac or PC via a Thunderbolt-to-PCIe Card Expansion System
- Pair of SSDs configured as a RAID 0 set. See performance tab for details.
- Does not currently boot a Mac with Thunderbolt 2. Sonnet is working to identify the issue.
- Windows BIOS does not support booting from a RAID 0 of multiple SSDs. Will not boot Windows on a Mac under Boot Camp.
- SSDs sold separately.
- OS X port multiplier support requires Version 10.8.5+.
- Marvell driver required for HPZ820.