Sonnet Tempo SSD 6Gb/s SATA PCIe 2.5" SSD Host Adapter
SIMPLE SSD UPGRADE SOLUTION
High-performance 6Gb/s SATA 2.5" SSD PCIe card. Supports one or two 2.5" SATA SSDs or HDDs which are mounted directly to the card; drives sold separately. Modular design supports installation in short space with single SSD when card is used in half-length configuration. Optimized for best performance over Thunderbolt.
Specifications and appearance are given as guidelines and may change without notice.
- Variant: Default Title
- SKU: TSATA6-SSD-E2
- Product Type: PCIe Card
- Adds Fast SSDs to Your System—Mounts one or two high-performance 6 Gb/s SSDs (sold separately) in your Mac Pro's, desktop PC's, or Thunderbolt expansion chassis' PCIe slot
- High-Performance PCIe Interface—PCI Express 2.0 x2 host bus interface for high-performance applications
- Great Performance—Data transfers speeds up to 660 MB/sec(1)
- Unique Modular Design—Enables installation of a single SSD in half length card spaces, two SSDs in full length card space when extension plate is attached to the card
- Optimized for Maximum Performance Over Thunderbolt—Perfect for use in Sonnet's Echo Express and xMac mini Server Thunderbolt expansion products
- RAID Support—Supports OS X and Windows RAID features
- Boot Support—Supports booting from attached drives under OS X or Windows 7 and 8 (see Tech Specs for details).
- AHCI Compliant—No drivers required
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. data reporting
|TSATA6-SSD-E2||Tempo SSD 6Gb/s SATA PCIe 2.0 Drive Card for SSDs(2)|
|Internal Connectors||Two SATA for 2.5" SSD or HD(3)|
SATA 6 Gb/s, SATA 3 Gb/s, and SATA 1.5 Gb/s
|Data Transfer Rate||Up to 660 MB/s(1)|
|Firmware||Flash-ROM upgradeable to latest firmware version|
macOS single SSD or up to six SSDs in a RAID 0 (macOS 10.13+ does not support RAID boot):
Single SSD only:
|Advanced Features||Supports S.M.A.R.T. status data reporting|
Mac Pro® (with card slots)(6)
Power Mac® G5 (with PCIe slots)
Xserve® (Intel with PCIe slots)(7)
OS X® 10.5.8+
macOS High Sierra compatible
PC desktop (with PCIe slots)
Windows® 10, 8, 7, Vista®
Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008
Mac or PC via a Thunderbolt-to-PCIe Card Expansion System
Pair of SSDs configured as a RAID 0 set. See Performance Tab for details.
- SSDs sold separately
- Tempo SSD cards sold before mid 2014 have support for only 5V devices. Cards with serial numbers Bxxx03334 and greater also provide 12V and 3.3V to the SATA power connectors
- Cards with a serial number starting with "B" or later support booting OS X from attached SSDs out of the box. A card with a serial number starting with "A" may be upgraded to support booting OS X from attached SSDs by updating its firmware using the firmware updater.
- Windows BIOS does not support booting from a RAID 0 of multiple SSDs.
- Tempo SSD Pro is recommended for Mac Pro 1,1 2,1 and 3,1 instead of Tempo SSD. These early Mac Pros have PCIe 1.1 slots which will negotiate the two-lane Tempo SSD card down to one lane. These early Mac Pros will correctly negotiate with the four-lane Tempo SSD Pro.
- Xserve supports only one SSD
- Does not currently boot a Mac with Thunderbolt 2. Sonnet is working to identify the issue
- Sonnet/Marvell driver required for HP Z820