OWC Complete Hard Drive Upgrade Kit Including Tools for all 27" iMacs 2012 & Later
Already have all the tools necessary to perform this upgrade?.
- Required for any drive installed into the main drive bay.
- Eliminate fan noise and maintain correct system fan control when upgrading your 2012 or later iMac.
- The only iMac HDD upgrade option on the market certified to pass the Apple Hardware Test.
- Fixes firmware incompatibility issues with third party hard drives.
- Engineered in-house and backed by OWC's award-winning customer support.
- (1) OWC In-line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable
- (2) OWC 2-1/4" Suction Cup
- (1) Torx T10S Driver
- (1) Torx T8S Driver
- (1) Nylon Pry Tool (Spudger)
- (1) OWC Screen Removal Tool
- (1) OWC Blue Microfiber Screen Cleaning Cloth
- (1) 27" iMac Adhesive tape set for proper display resealing
Improve Performance and Capacity. Upgrade Your iMac with Confidence.OWC's in-line solution is the only hardware digital thermal sensor on the market allowing a third-party SATA drive to be installed in your iMac. A convenient, plug-and-play cable, the In-line Digital Thermal Sensor eliminates fan noise and maintains proper system fan control through the iMac's System Management Controller. This innovative device is designed specifically for the iMac, requires no software hacks and ensures compatibility with Apple's built-in diagnostic processes.
Using an OWC Internal HDD DIY Kit (sold separately), replace your iMac's original hard drive with a high-capacity hard drive or a lighting fast SSD with a NewerTech Adaptadrive, for dramatic upgrades in storage capacity or data speed while maintaining the original system's fan and diagnostic performance.
Already have the tools? Then purchase just the OWC In-line Digital Thermal SensorImprove Performance and Capacity.
Note: Before attempting to perform this installation, please watch the install video below to determine your ability to perform this complex upgrade.
Professional installation is highly recommended.
OWC assumes no responsibility for damage that may occur during the install. Technical support for this DIY product consists only of the OWC Install Video.
Upgrade Your iMacWhile OWC encourages the DIY philosophy, this is a very difficult upgrade that requires advanced skills. If you are not fully confident in your ability to upgrade the drive in your 2012 iMac after watching the OWC Install Video, we recommend seeking a professional installation service..
NOTE: This kit contains consumable and/or one time use components and therefore is non-refundable.
- Variant: Default Title
- SKU: OWCDIYIMACHDD12
- Product Type: Accessories