Sonnet Allegro Pro USB 3.0 PCIe 4-Port
Professional 4-port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 charging PCI Express card with dedicated 5 Gb/s controller per port. Supports aggregate transfer speeds of up to 1,800 MB/s (450 MB/s per port). Supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, optical drive devices with up to 2.0A per port; will simultaneously sync and charge iPads and other devices that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device. Optimized for maximum performance over Thunderbolt.
Specifications and appearance are given as guidelines and may change without notice.
- Adds SuperSpeed USB Connectivity—Adds four USB 3.0 ports to your Mac Pro with PCIe slots, Windows PC, or Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion system
- Four Ports, Four USB 3.0 Controllers—Supports aggregate transfer speeds of up to 1,800 MB/s (450 MB/s per port)
- Powers Connected Devices—Supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, DVDs & Blu-ray devices with up to 2.0A per port
- Supports Charge & Sync—Supports USB 3.0 charging port handshake, and will simultaneously sync and charge iPads and other devices that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device
- Broad USB 3.0 Device Support & Compatibility—Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- Supports Hot-Swappable Device Connection—Plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
- Optimized for Thunderbolt—Provides optimum performance over Thunderbolt
- Easy Installation—Quick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot
|USB3-PRO-4PM-E||Allegro Pro USB 3.0 PCIe|
|Form Factor||PCIe computer card|
|Bus Interface||PCI Express 2.0 x4|
|Peripherals Supported||Industry standard USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 peripherals|
|Bus Powered Peripherals Supported(1)||HDs, SSDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray devices up to 2A per port|
|Chipset (x4)||Fresco Logic|
|Number of Ports||4 external|
|Drives Supported||Four (or more with hardware RAID enclosure)(3)|
|Standard||Complies with OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface), EHCI (Enhanced Host Controller Interface), and xHCI (eXtensible Host Controller Interface) standards|
|UASP||USB attached SCSI protocol supported under
OS X 10.8.5+ and Windows 8.1+
|USB Charging||USB Battery Charging 1.2 Compliant
(up to 7.5W per port)
|Data Transfer Rate||Up to 450 MB/s per port|
|Number of Devices Supported||Up to 31|
|Hot Plug||Supports hot-pluggable and hot swappable device connection|
- Mac Pro® tower (with PCIe slots)
- OS X® 10.8.5+
- macOS Sierra compatible
- PC desktop (with PCIe slots; PCIe 2.0 slots recommended)
- Windows® 10, 8, 7
- Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008
- Mac or PC via a Thunderbolt-to-PCIe Card Expansion System
- See Support Article FAQ 759 for compatible cable types.
- USB 3.0 devices require USB 3.0 cables to support USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) transfer speeds (up to 5 Gb/s). Use of USB 2.0 cables between USB 3.0 devices and Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port is supported, but data transfers are limited to USB 2.0 speeds (up to 480 Mb/s).
- Support for up to sixteen drives requires the use of drive enclosures employing a hardware RAID controller (like Sonnet’s Fusion™ QR, Fusion R400 RAID USB 3.0, or Fusion F3).