Sonnet Echo Express III-R Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe Card Expansion System
Rackmount, 3-slot Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe Card Expansion System with integrated power supply, variable speed fans, and two Thunderbolt 2 ports to support daisy chaining of up to six devices. Upgradeable to Thunderbolt 3.
Specifications and appearance are given as guidelines and may change without notice.
- Provides PCIe Card Expansion—Use high-performance PCIe cards with Thunderbolt-equipped computers
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface—Maximum performance with computers with Thunderbolt 2 technology, backward compatible with host computers and other devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology
- Provides Space for Installing Additional Devices—Using optional Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kits, you can install HDDs, SSDs, a tape or optical drive, and more inside the Echo Express III-R enclosure
- Upgradeable—When available, upgrade to 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Technology with a replacement Thunderbolt interface card
- Three PCIe Slots—Supports three full-length, full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- Remarkably Quiet—Large, temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans that automatically cool the cards, plus computer-modeled design that reduces airflow turbulence and velocity, combine to provide quieter cooling for all cards
- Integrated Universal Power Supply—Built-in 300W power supply with 75W auxiliary power connector
- Rugged Steel Housing—Provides robust and secure protection for any environment
- Every Thunderbolt-Compatible Card Supported—Works with every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, regardless of length or height
- AVID Qualified for Pro Tools|HDX & HD Native and Media Composer/Symphony
- 5-Year Warranty Included at No Extra Cost—No extra charge for full 5-year warranty
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included—Includes Thunderbolt cable and ThunderLok Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
|ECHO-EXP3FR||Echo Express III-R Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe Card Expansion System|
|EXP3FR-MRM||Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kit (optional; sold separately)|
|Form Factor||Rackmount Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe card expansion system|
|External Connectors||Two Thunderbolt 2 ports|
|Internal Connector||6-pin Mini-Fit Jr (same type as on legacy Mac Pro motherboard; provides up to 75W of power for PCIe cards that require supplemental power)|
|PCIe Cards Supported(1)||
|Compatible PCIe Cards(2)||Up-to-date PCIe cards listed on our supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart|
|Power Supply(5)||Universal 300W, 115-230V AC, 50-60 Hz|
0˚ C to 35˚ C (32˚ F to 95˚ F)
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||19 x 16 x 3.48 in. (48.26 x 40.6 x 8.85 cm)|
|Weight||19 lbs (8.6 kg)|
Note: PCIe cards and Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kit sold separately.
Mac with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
OS X® 10.8.5+
macOS Sierra compatible
PC with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port(4)
Windows® 10, 8, 7
PCIe Card Compatibility
For up-to-date PCIe card compatibility see our PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
For maximum PCIe bandwidth when used with a Mac Pro (late 2013), dedicate one of the computer’s Thunderbolt 2 busses to the Echo Express III-R. For more info see Sonnet's FAQ Article
- PCIe cards and Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kit sold separately.
- Compatibility requires the installation of Thunderbolt technology-aware drivers, available from the manufacturer. See our supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart for a list of up-to-date compatible PCIe cards.
- ThunderLok compatible with all copper Thunderbolt cables. Not yet compatible with optical Thunderbolt cables.
- Windows requires a Thunderbolt 2 interface in the computer and in the expansion chassis to support more than two PCIe controllers. Note that some PCIe cards have a bridge to multiple controllers, so it is possible for a single dual-controller PCIe card to reach the limit if not connected via Thunderbolt 2. Not all Mac-compatible PCIe cards are also compatible with Windows. See the PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart for details.
- Power supply will operate at 90-115V AC, with linear power deration of 240W-300W over that range.