Sonnet Echo Express SE III Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System
Echo Express SE III provides PCIe card expansion in a desktop enclosure. The three PCIe 3.0 x8 slots support three half-length+, full-height, single-width PCIe cards, or one single-width card plus one double-width card. Additionally, this Echo Express system features:
- Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) Interface (with Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- Quiet, Temperature-Controlled Fan
- Integrated 120W Universal Power Supply
- Rugged Aluminum Enclosure
- Thunderbolt 3 Cable
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt Connector Retainer Clip
- Mac and Windows Compatible
Specifications and appearance are given as guidelines and may change without notice.
- Connects Three PCIe Cards to any Mac and Windows Computer with Thunderbolt 3 Ports—Use multiple high-performance PCIe cards at the same time
- Three PCIe 3.0 Slots—Supports three full-height, half-length+ (up to 7.75 inches long), single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Offers 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth, doubling the performance of Thunderbolt 2
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Ports—One port reserved for connection to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt(5) devices to your computer, attaching a single USB(6) peripheral device, or connecting up to two 4K displays or one 5K display(4)
- Temperature-controlled Fan—Automatically operates slower and quieter with cooler cards; provides better cooling for hotter cards
- Energy Saver Mode—Powers on/off automatically with the computer
- Rugged Aluminum Housing—Provides robust and secure protection
- Power for Peripherals—Provides up to 15W of power to connected peripherals
- Nearly Every Thunderbolt 3- and macOS®-compatible Card Supported—Works with every Thunderbolt 3- and macOS compatible PCIe card up to 7.75 inches in length
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included—Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
|ECHO-EXP-SE3||Echo Express SE III Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System|
|Form Factor||Desktop expansion system|
|PCIe Cards Supported||Three half-length (up to 7.75 inches long), single-width, full-height x8 PCIe cards|
|Compatible PCIe Cards(7)||See supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart for a partial list of compatible PCIe cards|
|Power Adapter||Universal 120W, 100-240V, 50-60 Hz|
0˚C to 35˚C (32˚F to 95˚F)
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||6.5 x 11 x 4.6 in. (16.5 x 27.9 x 11.7 cm)|
|Weight||2.6 lbs. (1.18 kg)|
Note: PCIe cards old separately
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt ports and Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- macOS 10.12.6+
- PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1703 or greater)(1)(9)
Important Note: Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information
PCIe Card Compatibility
For up-to-date PCIe card compatibility see PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- Windows computers require the latest firmware (BIOS) and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information. Not all Mac-compatible PCIe cards are also compatible with Windows. See the PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart for details.
- While the Echo Express SE III features a 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface, some computers equipped with Thunderbolt 3 use an implementation of Thunderbolt 3 technology that limits PCIe performance to 20 Gbps. The MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) has this limitation in the two right-hand Thunderbolt 3 ports, while offering full performance from the left-hand ports.
- Full performance requires the use of the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, or other Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cables; look for the Thunderbolt icon AND the number 3 on the connector housings to identify these cables.
- One 4K monitor directly supported. Two 4K monitors requires either a 4K monitor with multi-stream transport support (DP out), or a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. 5K monitor requires a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. All Thunderbolt 3 Macs support two 4K monitors. Most Thunderbolt PCs support two 4K monitors.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 peripheral devices on Macs used with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter, sold separately.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb) or Gen 2 (10Gb) devices when connected with proper cable or adapter (sold separately).
- PCIe cards sold separately.
- ThunderLok 3 compatible with Sonnet 0.5 meter Thunderbolt 3 cables, but not with Sonnet 1-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables.
- Official certification pending.