Sonnet Echo Express III-R (Thunderbolt 3 Edition)
- Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) Interface (with Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- Provides Space for Installing Additional Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kits
- Quiet, Temperature-Controlled Fans
- Integrated 300W Universal Power Supply (with 75W Auxiliary Power Connector for Power-Hungry PCIe Cards)
- Rugged Aluminum Enclosure
- 1-meter Thunderbolt 3 Cable
- Mac and Windows Compatible
Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System
Echo Express III-R - Thunderbolt 3 Edition provides PCIe card expansion in a rackmount enclosure. With three PCIe slots, you can use every Thunderbolt-compatible card supported, regardless of length or height. Additionally, this Echo Express system features:
Specifications and appearance are given as guidelines and may change without notice.
- Variant: Default Title
- SKU: ECHO-EXP3R-TB3
- Product Type: Expansion
- Connects Three Full-Length PCIe Cards to any Mac® and Windows Computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 Ports—Use multiple high-performance PCIe cards at the same time
- Three PCIe 3.0 Slots—Supports three full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Offers 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth, doubling the performance of Thunderbolt 2
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Ports—One port used to connect to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt(5) peripheral devices to your computer, attaching a single USB(6) peripheral device, or connecting up to two 4K displays or one 5K display(4)
- Remarkably Quiet—Large, temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans that automatically cool the cards, plus computer-modeled design that reduces airflow turbulence and velocity, combine to provide quieter cooling for all cards
- Built-in Universal Power Supply—Integrated 300W power supply with 75W auxiliary power connector
- Rugged Steel Housing—Provides robust and secure protection
- Power for Peripherals—Provides up to 15W of power to connected peripherals
- Every Thunderbolt 3- and macOS®-compatible Card Supported—Works with every Thunderbolt 3- and macOS compatible PCIe card, regardless of length or height
- Thunderbolt Cable Included—Includes 1-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable
Echo Express III-R (Thunderbolt 3 Edition)
Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System
|Form Factor||Rackmount expansion system|
|External Connectors||Two Thunderbolt 3 ports|
|Internal Connector||6-pin Mini-Fit Jr (same type as on legacy Mac Pro motherboard; provides up to 75W of power for PCIe cards that require supplemental power)|
|PCIe Cards Supported(7)||
|Compatible PCIe Cards||PCIe cards listed on supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart and as specified by card manufacturers|
|Power Adapter||Universal 300W, 115-230V AC, 50-60 Hz(8)|
0˚C to 35˚C (32˚F to 95˚F)
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||19 x 16 x 3.48 in. (48.26 x 40.6 x 8.85 cm)|
|Weight||19 lbs (8.6 kg)|
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- macOS 10.12.6+
- PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1703 or greater)(1)(10)
Important Note: Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information
PCIe Card Compatibility
For up-to-date PCIe card compatibility see PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- Windows computers require the latest firmware (BIOS) and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information. Not all Mac-compatible PCIe cards are also compatible with Windows. See the PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart for details.
- While the Echo Express III-R - Thunderbolt 3 Edition features a 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface, some computers equipped with Thunderbolt 3 use an implementation of Thunderbolt 3 technology that limits PCIe performance to 20Gbps. The MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) has this limitation in the two right-hand Thunderbolt 3 ports, while offering full performance from the left-hand ports.
- Full performance requires the use of the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, or other Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cables; look for the Thunderbolt icon AND the number 3 on the connector housings to identify these cables.
- One 4K monitor directly supported. Two 4K monitors requires either a 4K monitor with multi-stream transport support (DP out), or a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. 5K monitor requires a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. All Thunderbolt 3 Macs support two 4K monitors. Most Thunderbolt PCs support two 4K monitors.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 peripheral devices on Macs used with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter, sold separately.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb) or Gen 2 (10Gb) devices when connected with proper cable or adapter (sold separately).
- PCIe cards and Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kit sold separately.
- Power supply will operate as low as 90VAC, with linear power deration from 300W @ 115VAC to 240W @ 90VAC.
- Sonnet 1-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable is not compatible with ThunderLok 3.
- Official certification pending.