Sonnet Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition
Blazing-Fast 10GBASE-T Connectivity Over Thunderbolt 3 for Mac and Windows
The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter is compact enough to easily fit in most workspaces, yet large enough to support proper airflow inside the case—its design enables the adapter’s temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to keep the adapter running cool and whisper-quiet at all times, making it suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments. Constructed of rugged and lightweight aluminium, the adapter’s outer shell securely protects the inner circuitry.
Specifications and appearance are given as guidelines and may change without notice.
- Variant: Default Title
- SKU: TWIN10GC-TB3
- Product Type: Ethernet Adapter
- Adds 10GBASE-T 10GbE Connectivity—Simply powerful way to add dual RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Cost Effective—Connects to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A cables at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively
- Easy Setup—Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
- Supports Transparent Failover—Keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails
- Supports Link Aggregation (Teaming)—Increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain in some applications
- Small and Nearly Noiseless—Adapter is compact enough to sit on most any work surface, and quiet enough for use in noise-sensitive environments
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Ports—One port reserved for connection to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt(4) devices to your computer, attaching a single USB peripheral device, or connecting up to two 4K displays or one 5K display
- Power for Peripherals—Provides up to 15W of power to connected peripherals
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok™ Included—Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- macOS® 10.12.6+
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra compatible
- PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1703 or greater)
Important Note: Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
4.9 x 6.3 x 2.7 in. (12.5 x 16 x 6.8 cm)
|Weight (including power supply)||2.95 lbs. (1.34 kg)|
|10GbE Controller||Intel X550|
|Packets||Maximum packet size: 15872 bytes (jumbo frames)|
|Power Adapter||Universal 60W, 100-240V, 50-60 Hz|
|Operating Temperature||0˚ C to 35˚ C (32˚ F to 95˚ F)|
- Windows computers require the latest firmware (BIOS) and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Full performance requires the use of the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, or other Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cables; look for the Thunderbolt icon AND the number 3 on the connector housings to identify these cables.
- Switch/router must support link aggregation (teaming), and ports must be configured for link aggregation. Windows 10 teaming requires Creator's update, version 1703 or greater.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 peripheral devices on Macs used with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter, sold separately.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb) or Gen 2 (10Gb) devices when connected with proper cable or adapter (sold separately).
- One 4K monitor directly supported. Two 4K monitors requires either a 4K monitor with multi-stream transport support (DP out), or a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. 5K monitor requires a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. All Thunderbolt 3 Macs support two 4K monitors. Most Thunderbolt PCs support two 4K monitors.
- Feature to be added in a future firmware release to support Windows.
- ThunderLok 3 compatible with Sonnet 0.5 meter Thunderbolt 3 cables, but not with Sonnet 1-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables.