Sonnet xMac mini Server
PCIe 2.0 expansion system/1U rackmount enclosure for Mac mini with Thunderbolt port. Features 150W power supply, and auxiliary power connector, and Thunderbolt 2 interface. Upgradeable to Thunderbolt 3.Rackmount Server
Specifications and appearance are given as guidelines and may change without notice.
- Variant: Default Title
- SKU: XMAC-MS-A
- Product Type: Expansion
- Adds Connectivity and Capabilities to Mac mini—Connects two PCIe 2.0 slots via Thunderbolt technology to the Mac mini, supports high-performance expansion cards
- Server Room Ready—1U rackmount enclosure with user-replaceable power supply and fans, built-in cable management features
- Diverse PCIe Card Support—Supports Fibre Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, pro video capture and playout, SAS/SATA RAID controllers, pro audio, and other PCIe cards
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface—Maximum performance with Mac mini with Thunderbolt 2 technology; backward compatible with Mac mini and other devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technoogy
- Upgradeable—When available, upgrade to 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Technology with a replacement Thunderbolt interface card
- Supports Thunderbolt Expansion—Enables daisy chain connection of additional Thunderbolt technology devices through second Thunderbolt port
- Front Panel Operation—Front panel power button activates power switch on Mac mini; USB 3.0 port enables connection of keyboard, mouse, thumb drive, etc.
- Power for High Performance PCIe Cards—Integrated 150W power supply provides plenty of power for any cards you install; auxiliary PCIe power connector enables use of power hungry cards such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or the RED ROCKET
- Rear Panel Connectivity—Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI and two USB 3.0 ports are mounted at the rear of the chassis for easy connectivity
- Energy Efficient—Variable-speed fans automatically adjust to the unique needs of each configuration, and the auto power on/off feature ensures there is no energy wasted with cards powered on when the Mac mini is sleeping or off
- 5-Year Warranty Included at No Additional Cost—No extra charge for a 5-year warranty
|XMAC-MS-A||xMac mini Server(1)|
19 x 17.75 x 1.72 in. (48.3 x 45.1 x 4.4 cm)
16 lbs (7.26 kg)
|Compatible PCIe Cards(4)||Up-to-date PCIe cards listed on our supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart|
Universal 150W, 90-260V AC, 50-60 Hz
+32º F to +95º F (0º C to +35º C)
Note: Mac mini and PCIe cards sold separately
- Mac® mini or Mac mini with OS X Server [late 2012 (6,1) through late 2014 (current 7,1) with Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 ports]
- OS X® 10.8.5+
- macOS Sierra compatible
PCIe Card Compatibility
- For up-to-date PCIe card compatibility see our PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- Mac mini and PCIe cards sold separately.
- Compatibility requires the installation of Thunderbolt technology-aware drivers, available from the manufacturer. See our supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart for a list of up-to-date compatible PCIe cards.
- Thunderbolt 2 upgrade exchange kit for xMac mini Server is available for purchase at nominal fee. Upgrade is compatible only with third and fourth generation xMac mini Server (part no. XMAC-MS-A); older models not supported. This upgrade is NOT part of the Thunderbolt 2 upgrade program for Echo Express III-D, III-R, or SE II.
- Thunderbolt cable lock compatible with Apple and Sonnet copper Thunderbolt cables. Not compatible with optical Thunderbolt cables.
- Thunderbolt cable lock is compatible with Apple and Sonnet Thunderbolt cables. For more information see Support Article FAQ 785.