Sonnet xMac Pro Server
PCIe 2.0 expansion system/4U rackmount enclosure for Mac Pro with Thunderbolt 2 ports. Integrated 300W power supply and auxiliary power connector for installed cards. Upgradeable to Thunderbolt 3.
Specifications and appearance are given as guidelines and may change without notice.
- Provides PCIe Card Expansion for Mac Pro—Use high-performance PCIe cards with the latest Mac Pro
- Makes Your a Pro Road-Ready—4U rackmount enclosure securely holds the computer and PCIe cards in place, adding mobility to your Mac
- Three PCIe Slots—Supports three full-length, full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface—Maximum performance with Mac Pro; backward compatible with devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology
- Upgradeable—When available, upgrade to 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Technology with a replacement Thunderbolt interface card
- Power for High Performance PCIe Cards—Integrated 300W power supply provides plenty of power for any cards you install; 75W auxiliary PCIe power connector enables use of power hungry cards such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or the RED ROCKET-X
- Provides Space for Additional Devices—Using optional Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kits, you can install HDDs, SSDs, a tape or optical drive, and more inside the xMac Pro Server's enclosure
- Remarkably Quiet—Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans automatically and quietly cool installed PCIe cards
- Front Panel Operation, Rear Panel Connectivity—Front panel power button activates power switch on Mac Pro; USB 3.0 port enables connection of peripheral devices such as a keyboard, mouse, thumb drives; two Gigabit Ethernet, three USB 3.0, and HDMI ports are mounted at the rear of the chassis for easy connectivity
- Energy Efficient—Variable-speed fans automatically adjust to the unique needs of each configuration, and the auto power on/off feature ensures there is no energy wasted with cards powered on when the Mac Pro is sleeping or off
- Supports Thunderbolt Expansion—Enables daisy chain connection of additional Thunderbolt technology devices when other Mac Pro Thunderbolt ports are in use
- Every Thunderbolt-Compatible PCIe Card Supported—Works with every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, regardless of length or height
- AVID Qualified for Pro Tools|HDX & HD Native and Media Composer/Symphony
- 5-Year Warranty Included—No extra charge for a 5-year Sonnet pro warranty
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included—Includes Thunderbolt cable and ThunderLok Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
- Locking HDMI Cable Included—Includes Sonnet-exclusive HDMI cable with locking connector at one end to secure cable from accidental disconnections from xMac Pro Server
|XMAC-PS||xMac Pro Server(1)|
19 x 16 x 7 in. (48.3 x 40.6 x 17.8 cm)
32.5 lbs (14.7 kg)
|PCIe Expansion Slots||
|PCIe Cards Supported(1)||
|Compatible PCIe Cards(2)||Up-to-date PCIe cards listed on our supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart|
Universal 300W, 115-230V AC, 50-60 Hz
0º C to 35º C (32º F to 95º F)
Notes: Mac Pro, PCIe cards, Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kits, and Twin 10G sold separately. Mac Pro Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antenna shielded from effective use upon installation.
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- OS X® 10.9.5+
- macOS Sierra compatible
PCIe Card Compatibility
- For up-to-date PCIe card compatibility see our PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- For maximum PCIe bandwidth, dedicate one Thunderbolt 2 bus to the PCIe expansion slots.
- Mac Pro and PCIe cards sold separately.
- Compatibility requires the installation of Thunderbolt technology-aware drivers, available from the manufacturer. See our supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart for a list of up-to-date compatible PCIe cards.
- ThunderLok compatible with all copper Thunderbolt cables. Not yet compatible with optical Thunderbolt cables.
- Power supply will operate at 90-115V AC, with linear power deration of 240W-300W over that range.
- Twin 10G installation supported only when no Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kit is installed; Twin 10G Mounting Kit required.